There’s something wonderful about combining sweet and spicy foods. We love peach salsa because it is not only fantastic on chips, but as a topping for chicken, fish, and a number of other dishes. Our recipe for peach salsa can be made with HMC Farms yellow or white peaches, depending on your personal preference. This recipe is also great made with HMC Farms nectarines in place of peaches.
What you’ll need for 4 cups of salsa:
- 3 medium HMC Farms peaches, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- ½ a large red bell pepper (or 1 mini red bell pepper), diced
- 2-3 jalapeños, diced
- Small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
Steps to peachy salsa goodness:
- Start by chopping the peaches. Removing the peach skin is optional, but not necessary.
Tip: Many of our HMC Farms peaches are clingstone varieties. We’ve found that the easiest way to create pretty slices of fruit is to place the fruit on a cutting board with the stem side down and slice straight down on each side around the pit.
- Mince the red onion, dice the jalapeños and bell pepper, and chop the cilantro.
Tip: For spicy salsa, use the whole jalapeño (minus the stem). For mild or medium salsa, remove the seeds and veins before dicing the jalapeños).
- Combine all cut ingredients in a bowl. Add lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir gently and let sit, preferably for about an hour, in order to let the flavors combine.
Show us your salsa! Tag HMC Farms in your peach salsa photos on Instagram (@hmcfarms) and Facebook (@HMCfarmsKingsburg).