Peaches make a great addition to baked goods from breakfast to dessert. One of our go-to breakfast recipes at HMC Farms is for peach oat muffins. These muffins are a great way to incorporate HMC Farms peaches into your breakfast, and they’re easy to make. This recipe makes about 10 muffins, so you won’t have to recruit a soccer team to help you eat them. You may have watched Lori Taylor from The Produce Moms demonstrate our recipe on the Indy Style morning show. If not, you can watch the segment here.
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium HMC Farms peaches
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of light brown sugar, packed (dark brown sugar will also work)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Steps to homemade muffin deliciousness:
- Preheat the oven to 400° and either line a muffin pan with paper liners, or lightly grease the muffin wells.
- Chop the HMC Farms peaches into small to medium chunks. There is no need to peel the peaches unless you prefer to do so.
Tip: Chop peaches in the summer and freeze them to use in muffins during the fall and winter months.
- Combine all dry ingredients except for the cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl (oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt).
- In another bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the Greek yogurt and butter. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until combined well.
- Gently mix the chopped peaches into the dough.
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan, leaving 2 wells empty. These will not rise much, so fill them up to about the size you’d like them to be once they’re baked.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle over the top, using as much or as little as you’d like.
Tip: for a fun twist, fill the wells halfway, add some of the cinnamon & sugar mixture, and top with more batter.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes, checking every few minutes. The muffins are finished when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve!