The article below is courtesy of The Packer.
The National Restaurant Association named HMC Farms as an innovator for Grape Escapes, the company’s de-stemmed grape packs.
It’s one of 18 Food and Beverage Product Innovation Awards named by the association.
HMC Grape Escape From HMC Group Marketing Inc., Kingsburg, Calif., Grape Escape consists of washed and ready-to-eat de-stemmed grapes packed in single-serve two-ounce or three-ounce bags. Featuring an 18-day shelf life with no preservatives or additives, Grape Escape “meets the challenge of profitably serving healthy fresh fruit snacks year round,” according to a news release from the restaurant association.
The innovation award winners are selected by a panel of independent experts from commercial and non-commercial segments of the foodservice industry, according to a release from the Chicago-based NRA.
The release said winners of the award will be showcased in the Food and Beverage Products Innovations Gallery on the exhibit floor at the 2012 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, May 5-8 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Other award recipients are:
- Cavendish Farms — Tempura Battered Extreme Beans
- ConAgra Foodservice — Angela Mia NSA Crushed Tomatoes
- ConAgra Foodservice — The Max Fit for Kids Plus MaxSnax BBQ Chicken
- Cook Natural Products — Mara’s Pasta
- Copa di Vino — Copa di Vino Wine (Copa!)
- HJ Heinz Company — 3-in-1 Soup, Sauce or Dip
- HomeFree LLC — Gluten Free Vanilla Mini Cookies
- Jennie O Turkey Store — Precooked Turkey Burger
- Kraft — YES Pack
- Mighty Leaf Tea — Mfusions
- Stouffer’s — Parmesan Risotto
- Oregon Seafoods — Chef’s Brand Pacific Caught Wild Albacore
- SASASWEETS — SasaPops brand artisan frozen pops
- Simpli — Simpli OatShakes
- Snyder’s Lance — Lance 51% Whole Grain Saltines
- Unilever Food Solutions — Lipton Zero Calorie Fresh Brewed Sweet Tea
- White Toque — Vegetable Glacis
If you would like to view the article on The Packer please follow the link below.